St Mary's Primary School
1st November 2021 - 16th December 2021
Course starts on Mon 1st November 2021
Time: 16:15 to 18:15
Age Range: 4-12
Year Group: R-Y6
Online Price: £6.5Book this Activity
**Fun physical activity for EVERYONE...**
PLAY Active sessions encourage fun-based physical activity rather than traditional sports. As an extracurricular programme it can run at any time during the school day - before school, during lunch breaks or as an after school club – a typical session will last around 60 minutes.
The aim of PLAY Active is to encourage non-sporty children to get physically active through structured activities. By placing the emphasis on inclusion rather than specific sport skills and techniques, children are encouraged to have fun. This in turn improves social skills, self esteem, balance, coordination and physical wellbeing.
This in turn improves social skills, self esteem, balance, co-ordination and physical well-being.
In addition children will learn a wide variety of skills that they can use beyond the sports field, including:
- Celebrate perseverance and acknowledge achievement
- Engage and interact appropriately with other children
- Set achievable personal goals to reach
- Improve confidence and self-esteem to try something new
- Ability to follow rules and respect themselves and others
- Understand the importance of healthy lifestyles
- Improved control coordination, balance, agility and flexibility
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with others
At participating venues Children attending these activities can also work towards a Passport to Learning certificate, developed by the Children’s University.