- Holiday Camps
- For Parents
- For Schools
- Knowledge Hub
It’s a new year, and as everyone is talking about their New Year’s Resolutions, so we thought we’d get in on the act. Not to tell you about the many positive changes we’re making for the next 12 months (trust us, there are loads) but to help you get a head start on yours – and most importantly to give you some outside-the-box ideas to get the kids more active in 2024.
We’d love you to get involved as often as you can, share snaps or videos with us of the kids taking part throughout the year (find us on socials @PremEducationUK) and please, have a bunch of fun taking part with your family – or your class, if you’re joining in from school
Let’s face it, it’s freezing outside. So, we’re sticking indoors for this one.
– A safe space without obstructions, pets, or any objects we might not want to bump into. A carpeted room would be perfect, just so we don’t slip.
– A standard, six-sided die
– two or more players
That’s the equipment list boxed off. Let’s get to it.
1. Work together to write a list of six exercises and assign a number to each (e.g. star jumps = number 1, toe touches = number 2 and so on)
2. Decide how many of each exercise you can do (we recommend starting with 6)
3. Gather in your suitable space and roll the die once each to see who goes first (highest score)
4. As the die lands on a number, the player who rolled should perform the exercise assigned to that number (e.g. if you roll a 2, you complete 6 toe touches)
5. Great job! The next player can pick up the die and get ready to roll!
6. Complete several rounds of the game – see which player can check off all 6 exercises first!
– Roll the die for each other’s exercises (all players except the die-roller complete the exercise)
– Increase the number of repetitions for each exercise
– Come up with your own special rules – the kids will have a brilliant imagination for this one. Here’s one we like: change one number to a ‘magic number’ that brings a special reward for the player – or a forfeit for the other players!
We’re really looking forward to you taking part in the Workout Dice Challenge throughout January. Don’t forget to share your best efforts with us @PremEducationUK. Happy New Year – and happy rolling!
To help your family out even more with the healthy start to 2024, we put together a No Junk January calendar. It’s easy to follow and rewarding to complete. Give it a go!
After what could possibly have been the longest January of all time, February is finally here! To lift our spirits and embrace the month of love, we’re challenging kids to a month of nicety.
With Valentine’s Day on February 14th and Random Acts of Kindness day on the February 17th, it may just be the nicest month of the year. But why restrict to just two days of goodness. Let’s be extra nice all month and make it a habit we can carry on all year!
Encourage your child/ren to follow along with our free February Kindness Calendar to embed kindness into their life (for February and beyond!) They can also enjoy the exercise challenges thrown in throughout the month to be kind to themselves too.
Still in need of some sweetness? – head on over to our Pancake Day blog for inspiration!